- 1). Turn off the electrical power from your Magic Chef DU2J dishwasher from your kitchen circuit breaker.
- 2). Remove the two screws from the top corners of the lower kickplate, located on the bottom front of the dishwasher, using a Phillips screwdriver.
- 3). Lift up, and remove the lower kickplate. Remove the two screws at the bottom corners of the front panel of the door where the kickplate was located using a Phillips screwdriver.
- 4). Open the dishwasher door, then remove the two screws from the top corners of the inside panel using a Phillips screwdriver. The springs and door hinges do not need to be removed to take off the front panel, as they are connected to the inside panel of the door.
- 5). Close the dishwasher door, but don't latch it. Lift up, and remove the entire front panel from the dishwasher door. The front panel contains an insert and filler part that can be slid out from the panel, but you do not need to remove them from the front panel.
- 6). Inspect the front panel for damage, and replace the part if necessary. You can also inspect the inside of the door for damaged parts to the control board, door latch and detergent dispenser.
How to Remove the Front Panel From the Magic Chef DU2J